Gung Ho!

Main Entry: gung ho Pronunciation: 'g&[ng]-'hOFunction: adjective Etymology: Gung ho!, motto (interpreted as meaning "work together") adopted by certain U.S. marines, from Chinese (Beijing) gOnghé, short for ZhOngguó GOngyè Hézuò Shè Chinese Industrial Cooperative Society: extremely or overly zealous or enthusiastic

Gung Ho!
Additional Pages

Gung Ho!
And The Cost of War!


Cost of the War.Com
(JavaScript Error)

Gung Ho!
And The Cost of War In Lives!


Sunday, September 17, 2006

The torture debate - TPM

Only the weak, scared, and evil torture. Those who order and sanction torture, but leave the dirty work to others, are an order of magnitude more culpable morally. (A special place is reserved for the lawyers who give legal cover for such orders.) In their fear and their weakness and their smallness, the President and those around him stepped over the line. To do so in the heated days after 9/11 is understandable to a point, though not justifiable. Yet they persisted, first in saying that they did not step over the line and now in seeking to redraw the line. So which is it?

They are descending from the morally reprehensible to the morally cowardly.


Exactly!

Semper Fi


2 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I started hearing about the torture debate in the congress,

and the secret prisons, I was struck with the idea that I am as

guilty for this as anybody. I know that it's wrong and I am

saying nothing. Sure I have a blog that nobody reads under a

pseudonym that hides my true identity, but that isn't really

standing up to anybody. Safely anonymous, I stand up to power.

Not today. Today I stand up and use my own name, and I want the

world to know that this is not being done in my name.

Heres something I am trying to do - I want to put newspaper ads in

daily papers around the country that will help shape the debate

about torture and secret prisons. Please check out my site

jeffcraft.us and let me know what you think, and if you think its a

good idea, add your name to the ad.

I know I'm not alone, Help me remind America what it means to be American.

Lets be a shining hope to mankind again

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap, I wrote all that with such vigour, and it looks like I put in hard returns in all the wrong places. Read it anyway!

Semper Fi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home