Gung Ho!

Main Entry: gung ho Pronunciation: 'g&[ng]-'hOFunction: adjective Etymology: Gung ho!, motto (interpreted as meaning "work together") adopted by certain U.S. marines, from Chinese (Beijing) gOnghé, short for ZhOngguó GOngyè Hézuò Shè Chinese Industrial Cooperative Society: extremely or overly zealous or enthusiastic

Gung Ho!
Additional Pages

Gung Ho!
And The Cost of War!


Cost of the War.Com
(JavaScript Error)

Gung Ho!
And The Cost of War In Lives!


Friday, August 19, 2005

KBTV: Port Arthur Soldier Receives Purple Heart


A hometown soldier this week received the Purple Heart for being wounded in the war in Iraq.

The military presented Jean-Louis Blackburn the award while in his military hospital bed in Tacoma, Washington. Blackburn is pictured to the right in a photograph provided by his family.

Blackburn is a 1988 graduate of Thomas Jefferson High School in Port Arthur. His family attended the ceremony in Washington.

Blackburn's family tells us he was seriously wounded July 10 near Anbar Province in Iraq.


Semper Fi


3 Comments:

At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's me! God bless those Navy Corpsmen. Without HM3 Joshua Chambers out in that AAV with me, I would have bled to death in no time. Thanks to the surgeons of TQ too, for taking taking the time to graft a vein from my leg to replace one of my destroyed arteries so I could keep my hand. I was proud to serve with you guys, and I'd go back in a heart-beat!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger munciecarl said...

I'm glad your okay Jean-Louis.

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I see you were on the USS Midway. I was on her flight deck for her commissioning as a museum in January down in San Diego.

I have a favor to ask. Do you think you could check on the status of HM3 Joshua Chambers? He's the corpsman who saved my life, and I heard he was going back to Iraq, but that was the last I heard from him since December.

I know what a hero he is, and I'm a little worried about him. He's my blood brother, you know.

Well, thanks for doing this blog. Few things in this world are truly honorable, and this is one.

J-L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home