Gung Ho!

Main Entry: gung ho Pronunciation: 'g&[ng]-'hOFunction: adjective Etymology: Gung ho!, motto (interpreted as meaning "work together") adopted by certain U.S. marines, from Chinese (Beijing) gOnghé, short for ZhOngguó GOngyè Hézuò Shè Chinese Industrial Cooperative Society: extremely or overly zealous or enthusiastic

Gung Ho!
Additional Pages

Gung Ho!
And The Cost of War!


Cost of the War.Com
(JavaScript Error)

Gung Ho!
And The Cost of War In Lives!


Saturday, August 06, 2005

Injured Soldier Carries Shrapnel That Almost Killed Her

A Minden, Neb., soldier who survived a roadside bombing in Iraq is back home in Minden recovering from her wounds.

Rachelle Spors was in the unit that lost a fellow medic. Spors carries the piece of shrapnel that nearly killed her.

"It just went right into my lungs," Spors said.

Spors' ambulance was hit along a roadside last month. The blast killed Tricia Jameson, 34, of Omaha. Jameson and Spors were driving to help some wounded Marines to safety.

"The next thing I knew, there was just a blast," Spors said.

The ambulance started spinning.

"I look over and saw Tricia, and I'm, like, 'Oh, my God, help me!' So I started yelling," Spors said. "Someone finally opened the door, and I just was, like, 'Get me out.'"

Spors was pulled free, but she couldn’t feel her legs. Two vertebrae had been fractured and two ribs broken.


Semper Fi


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home